Monday, April 27, 2009

Shadow Play

"The Black Box" Lecture, Slide 33.

Jacques Yves Cousteau: "People protect what they love"
When deciding on what shadow structure to design my model in, I came across an image of a demon-like creature's shadow projected on the wall. This was quite intriguing, and got me thinking about the types of shadow projections I can generate. Cousteau was an underwater fanatic, and so wanted to develop a shadow amplifying that. Thinking of marine objects like a spear, boat and even fish scales, I created 3 identical "V" shaped objects behind one another, and putting them on a slight slope to give it that vertical exaggeration. Although I did my best to try and convey what I wanted, I did not quite meet my expectations, but regardless, I think it is close to what I wanted to represent.

No comments:

Post a Comment